From Kiosk Industry March 2020
From PRNewswire March 2020
WESTMINSTER, Colo., March 4, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — The Kiosk Manufacturer Association aka KMA announces our new ADA and Accessibility Chairpersons. Serving as co-chairpersons for our committee is Randy Amundson of Frank Mayer and Associates, Inc. and Mr. Peter Jarvis of Storm Interface. Randy is one of our founding chairpersons and is continuing in his support of KMA and ADA. Peter is a charter sponsor of the Accessibility Committee and now helps lead the way for the KMA.
From Randy Amundson, “Peter Jarvis and I continue to work closely in finalizing the Kiosk Accessibility Code of Practice (CoP). We feel that the CoP will be a useful tool that kiosk manufacturers and their clients can use to ensure that their kiosks are accessible to the widest population of people with some form of disability possible. Peter and I are also working on developing an independent standard that can be used by nationally recognized testing labs in order to certify a kiosk as being ADA compliant”.
Peter Jarvis adds, “First, let me thank the committee’s previous Co-Chair Laura Miller for her work in raising awareness of accessibility issues within the kiosk industry. Laura continues to make an outstanding contribution to the work of the KMA Accessibility Committee but has now stepped into a role dedicated to kiosk accessibility at Vispero. Her commitment, to ensure equality in access to information, services and products, continues to influence the committee’s objectives. As the new Co-Chair (serving the KMA’s European members) I hope to continue the initiatives of the committee and look forward to working with the committee’s US resident Chairperson Randy Amundson.”
We very much thank Laura Boniello Miller with Vispero our founding co-chairperson for her contributions, support and effort over the last two years.
Visit with the KMA at the upcoming CSUN conference as well as at MURTEC. In May we will be exhibiting at the National Restaurant Show.
Current KMA News
- Kiosk Printers – Microcom Touchscreen Thermal Kiosk Ticket Printers
- MURTEC 2020 Preview
- How Self-Service Kiosks Help Hotels, Restaurants Better Serve People w/ Disabilities
- Auto Dealership Kiosks – GoMoto Bought
- Biometric Security Screening Kiosks by CLEAR
- Mimo Monitors Feb Newsletter
- StarMicronics Kiosks – 3 Keys For Successful Implementation
- BigList of Kiosk Companies – Be listed for free
- Cash Kiosks — Innovative Technology Americas, Inc. joins KMA
- Digital Signage Awards – Peerless-AV Wins Forbes Award
- Encoded Tags – Wayfinding technology at Union Station
- Mixed Drink Retail – Nordstroms
- Cashierless Grocery Store Opens in Seattle – Amazon Store #1
- How AI is Creating Jobs in Restaurant Industry
- Why Use Lockdown for User Interface?
- Casino Automation – Automated Cocktail Drink Dispensers
- DART’s interactive kiosks in Dallas
- Smart City Kiosks – 35 digital CityPost kiosks go online downtown before DNC
- Charter Sponsor Series Review – Olea Kiosks
- MyHealtheVet Kiosks Milestone for VA Patient Portal
- Disney Fast Pass Kiosks – Epcot Test Track Installed
- EuroShop 2020
- CSUN 2020 Conference – Kiosks Assistive Technology
- JAWS Kiosk
- 2019 U.S. QSR Kiosk Research Market – Mercator
KMA member news
- Self-Service Networks – renewing member
- StarMicronics new premium member
- Zebra – Zebra’s self-service kiosk solutions give customers seamless technology
- Qwick Media – renewing sponsor
- See our Affiliations page for more – NRF, NRA, RTN, Accessibility Association, Patent Reform, RNIB and more.
If your company, organization, association, local, city, state or federal agency would like to participate at some level with the KMA either with ADA or with EMV, please contact [email protected] or call 720-324-1837
Thanks for the generous financial support of our GOLD sponsors Olea Kiosks | KioWare | Nanonation | Pyramid | Frank Mayer | Vispero | Zebra | ZIVELO
SOURCE Kiosk Manufacturer Association